Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cranberry Applesauce Muffins Recipe

We closed on our house in Iowa this week! We are no longer homeowners. It is nice to officially have that done with and move on with life in Colorado. We are working on plans for the house we are going to build, and we found a lot we want. I am excited to see the plans come together. Can’t wait to have my double ovens, and a giant cook top! In the meantime though I will make yummy treats in my little kitchen here.
I told you back when I made this Cranberry Bread that cranberries were new to me, but I thought I liked them. After making these muffins, I am back on the fence. I think the recipe is a good one, I think it is the tartness of the cranberries that might be too much for me. My 6 year old told me to make a sign for this post that said DO NOT MAKE! I think that is a little much. I think if I had sprinkled some sugar on the cranberries, and let them sit, that would have sweetened them up quite a bit. I will keep trying cranberries, I really do want to like them!
Cranberry Muffins
Adapted from Allrecipes
1 1/4 cups applesauce
1/4 cup canola oil
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
2 Tbls sugar (optional)
1/2 cup pecans, chopped (I did not use)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 12 muffin cups. Combine chopped berries with 2 Tbls sugar. Set aside.
Combine applesauce, oil, egg, and vanilla in a small bowl. In a separate bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add applesauce mixture, and stir until just combined. Fold in the cranberries and nuts.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until a tester comes out clean. Cool for a few minutes before removing from pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment