Search This Blog

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Thursday Food Finds

Whoomp! It’s going to be weekend and I’m pretty excited! I’m heading to a DIY barbecue pizza party and I’m bringing tiny meatballs, roasted garlic, and caramelized onions. I can’t wait to see what other pizza toppings there are. Other than that, I don’t have too much planned for the weekend, just the usual errand-running and dinner party things with friends.


I’ve been busying eating all of the summertime fruits, including lychee. Lychee is one of my faves, but they’re not as sweet and juicy as I remember as a kid. And what’s up with lychee not being being as pinky-red as they used to be?

WEBSTUFF:
1. This absolutely freaks the shit out of me and it’s also a really good read.
2. I love eating out, but this seems a little bit crazy.
3. Boy oh boy, is working at Lululemon a head trip.
4. There are some hardcore toys in this article…

LINK LOVE
1. Speaking of lychee, Cynthia made this gorgeous lychee and white nectarine cobbler.
2. This is the pineapple cake of my dreams.
3. It’s Popsicle Week at Wit and Vinegar and it’s all of my icy dreams come true. (Check out my pop right here!)
4. This fried chicken sandwich…SO GOOD.
5. Give me all the grilled chicken.

I’VE GOT MY EYES ON YOU:
1. Did you guys buy anything on Prime Day? It was kind of a bust, but I did find this torch top for my Searzall.
2. I blazed through Luckiest Girl Alive (I felt neutral trending towards slightly bored by it) and have moved on to The Cage. It’s a YA novel (I LOVE reading YA) about humans in a….wait for it…zoo created by aliens. LOL. So far I like it though!


I’ve been buying my cold brew by the bottle, but when I started seeing homemade versions all over the internet (here, here, here, here), I was intrigued. But let’s back up – what is cold brew coffee you ask? (if you’re not asking you can scroll down and skip this paragraph). It’s regular coffee beans (get a good quality kind) that you soak overnight and then strain instead of brewing it in a coffee maker. The benefits are that it’s less acidic than regular coffee, so it’s a little healthier and easier on the tummy. Plus, you can store it in the fridge and it’ll last almost a week.

I usually drink mine Americano style, and Jack drinks his with chocolate almond milk. Today we’re meeting in the (lightly sweet) middle with iced almond milk lattes made with homemade cold brew iced cubes… because no one wants a watery coffee drink once the ice melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment