Search This Blog

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Seared Tuna Steaks Cooking

I had been seeing some really amazing photos of some barely seared tuna steaks around the blog sphere and I just had to try it. I like a nice barely seared beef steak and I was wondering what a tuna steak would be like. A few of the tuna steaks that I saw were crusted in sesame seeds which sounded pretty interesting. The tuna was really easy to make. You just crust the steak with sesame seeds and sear it for a few minutes on either side. You want to be careful not to over cook it as fully cooked tuna can be a bit dry. The seared tuna steak was really good. It was nice and moist and tender. The sesame seeds added a nice contrast in texture. I served the sesame crusted tuna on rice with some orange teriyaki sauce and some asparagus on the side.


Ingredients:
1 5 ounce ahi tuna steak
2 tablespoons white sesame seeds (toasted)
2 tablespoons black sesame seeds (toasted)
1 tablespoon oil

Directions:
1. Press the tuna steak into the sesame seeds to coat.
2. Heat the oil in a pan.
3. Fry the tuna steak for 2 minutes per side.

No comments:

Post a Comment